To join us download and print the membership form.
CLICK HERE for the 2021 Membership Form.
Membership in the ELPNA is currently defined by participation and meeting the following criteria:
- Completed a Parish Nurse foundation course; and
- Pay annual dues;
In addition, the nurse must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be in active practice, either paid or unpaid, in an ELCA or other Lutheran congregation; or
- Have membership in the ELCA, or other Lutheran congregation and serve as a parsih nurse in another denomination, or
- Be retired from parish nursing in an ELCA or other Lutheran congregation or
- Have a position which coordinates, educates or supports ELCA or other Lutheran parish nurses.
Annual dues are $40.00 for one year, $60 for two years, and $300.00 for a lifetime membership.
Whether you are a paid or unpaid Parish Nurse, you may want to ask your congregation to support you by paying your dues to this professional organization. We have drafted a letter you can personalize and send to your pastor, parish council president, or appropriate committee. This letter is to request that the church help in paying for the dues as a way to show support for your ministry.
Click here to download the letter.
Support: Annual financial support is provided by member dues and gifts. All gifts are welcome.
The dues and gifts are used in part to support this web site, provide planned gatherings, and sponsor grant opportunities.
Consider Directing your Thrivent Choice Dollars to ELPNA --
The Thrivent Choice® program encourages benefit members to recommend where Thrivent Financial distributes an amount of its charitable grant funds. Thrivent members make this recommendation by directing Choice Dollars to nonprofit organizations, including churches and other non-profit organizations. ELPNA is a participating organization, an entity to which you can direct your choice dollars.
To be eligible to participate in Thrivent Choice, you must be a benefit member. Individual eligibility is also based on at least one of the following: * Holding a qualifying Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position. * Having $750 or more in annual premiums of qualifying insurance products. * Having $20,000 or more in contract value of qualifying products.
If you are a Thrivent Member, please consider directing your Thrivent Choice Dollars to ELPNA.
Points of Interest:
- In 2020 we had a total membership of 121. One of our goals is to achieve a 95% retention rate for renewals and to increase our membership by 10 new members each year.
- In 2020, ELPNA awarded two Lutheran churches grants. One was to provide funds for start up of a parish nursing ministry and one provided assistance in fundings a new focus of ministry.
Why Join ELPNA?
Because ELPNA members:
- Help promote and support parish nursing within the ELCA and other Lutheran congregations, and encourage the development of parish nurse programs in all ELCA and other Lutheran congregations. Part of your membership dues helps provide grants for these programs.
- Receive a 40% discount on a one year subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing (JCN), including print, online, mobile view, iPad, and archives back to 1984. JCN publishes parish nursing continuing education articles approved by ANCC for independent study or to meet relicensure requirements for parish nurses, in every issue. Members will also receive a discount for CEU's on specific articles in the JCN. These discount codes will be sent along with the thank you note and membership card after your dues are received. If you are a member and cannot find the discount code, contact Phyllis Bruce at email@example.com.
- Find networking opportunities and forums for sharing programs, projects, and resources through our website. Through our www.elpna.org website find directions to connect with the Westberg Knowledge Sharing Platform. http://www.elpna.org/news/news-events.php
- Support the promotion of health and wellness among congregations and support church leaders through our presence at churchwide and synod gatherings.
- Help seek opportunities for parish nurses to have a place at Synod Councils and to be integrated into the practices and the future vision of the Church.
- are responding to your responsibility to belong to a professional nursing organization as a parish/faith community nurse.
For Further Information:
Carol DeSchepper, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lucina Kimpel, President (Kimpel10@gmail.com)
To Join: Download and print out the Membership Form from the link at the top of this page.. Send the completed membership form and your dues to:
PO Box 8117
St Paul, MN 55108